Dubai Airports | Lost Property | Feedback |
HomeMedia CentrePress releases
Dubai, UAE – October 14, 2010 – Dubai Airports today recognised the valuable contributions of contractors providing a safe, secure and responsible airport environment at an award ceremony attended by over 200 suppliers at Le Meriden Hotel across from Dubai International.
“Our business partners play a pivotal role in ensuring passengers and employees enjoy a safe and secure airport environment,” said Masoud Taher, Dubai Airports Vice President, Engineering Services. “Perhaps more than any other operational environment, airports demand the collaboration and teamwork of a wide variety of stakeholders. We value our contractors’ commitment to safety and feel compelled to recognise and award their exceptional efforts.”
The Dubai Airports 2010 Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Contractors Excellence Award selection process involved suppliers, management and staff across the airport with nominations solicited for those contractors who have consistently demonstrated excellence in Health, Safety and Environment and have made it a staple in the way they handle their busienss.
Winners were selected across eight categories.
1. Overall Safety Excellence: Serve U (LLC)Serve U is the facility management contractor for Dubai Airports and has been chosen for the top award due to their excellence in all aspects of health, safety and environment management including safety training, safe working practices and safety procedures as well as creating safety awareness amongst their staff.
2. Excellence in HSE Management System: Joseph AdvertisersJoseph Advertisers, which serves as Dubai Airports’ principle branding and signs contractor, won based on its advance HSE management system and its onsite implementation.
3. Safest Million Hour Award: Al Naboodah Contracting Co.LLCAl Naboodah contracting has been associated with Dubai Airports for more than two decades and has played a vital role in improving the aviation infrastructure of Dubai. It has impressively recorded zero accidents in a million hours worked.
4. Special Award- Safety Phoenix Award: Megarme LLCMegarme, which provides roof cleaning for the iconic structures of Terminal 3, Concourse 1 & 2 and Dubai Flower Centre, won for its outstanding safety record with no accidents recorded during their tenure at the airport.
5. Special Award: Most Successful & Safe Completion of Critical Projects: Overseas AST Co. LLCOver Seas AST was awarded for its safe and successful completion of the critical Fuel Hydrant Leakage Rectification works project.
6. Best Leadership in Contractor’s Management: Dorothee Stein, Dubai AirportsDorothee Stein, who has served as Head of Facility Care for more than a decade, single-handedly manages more than nine different contractors who safely carry out activities ranging from roof cleaning, high level glass cleaning, washroom maintenance and general housekeeping.
7. Excellence in Promoting Safety Culture: Siemens Dematic (ME) LLCSiemens Dematic, Baggage Handling System contractor which has worked with the airport from its inception, was recognized for its safety awareness campaigns along and innovative training methods.8. Innovative Excellence in Safety: Emirates Flight Catering EKFC, which provides catering services to airlines and offices across the airport, was recognized for its innovative HSE system for safety performance monitoring.
2014 © Dubai Airports, All Rights Reserved.